- How can we deliver safe and personalised care?
- Do women have a right to out of guidelines care?
- What really is informed consent?
- How do I know if a woman has mental capacity to make decisions in labour?
- How can we reduce litigation and complaints in maternity care?
- Could we do more to prevent birth trauma rather than treating it?
Birthrights reaches over 1,000 healthcare professionals a year through our training and by speaking at key conferences and courses such as the Managing the Labour Ward course, run by the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG), seminars run by law firms such as Leigh Day and Irwin Mitchell, and national events such as Let’s Talk Birth.
We also work closely with NHS England, RCOG, the Royal College of Midwives, the Nursing and Midwifery Council, the General Medical Council and others to support practice improvement through tools, curriculums and guidance.