What are your rights in pregnancy and childbirth?
- Everyone has a right to receive safe and appropriate maternity care.
- Every woman and birthing person has a right to maternity care that respects their fundamental human dignity.
- Everyone has a right to privacy and confidentiality.
- Every woman and birthing person is free to make choices about their own pregnancy and childbirth, even if their caregivers do not agree with them.
- Everyone has a right to equality and freedom from discrimination.
For more details, take a look at our factsheets and check out the White Ribbon Alliance Respectful Maternity Care Charter.